December 2017- May 2019 – Harmonization of Disability Measurement Tools and Methodology, and Developing Electronic Data Exchange and Cross-Sectoral Data Management on Children with Disabilities – First Phase
The overall goal of the project was to harmonize the disability assessment tools and procedures and facilitate electronic data exchange and cross-sectoral data management between education and social protection sectors, including development of monitoring methodology on availability, access, and affordability of services for children with disabilities and update of relevant legislative and normative documents.
Main accomplishments of the project are:
- Comprehensive situational analysis report on rapid assessment of publicly available data on children with disabilities in Armenia “Data Gap Analysis on Availability and Cross-Sectoral Exchange of Data on Children with Disabilities”;
- Description and ToR of new Information System for data collection, pedagogical psychological needs assessment, reporting and data exchange was finalized and transformed to National Center for Education Technologies (NCET) for IT system development;
- Process maps for assessment and data exchange between Ministries of Labour and Social Affairs (MoLSA), Education and Science (MoES) and Health (MoH) by age groups were developed;
- New assessment protocols linked to disability type and age groups were developed and piloted;
- Draft Minister’s Order on Regulation of organization of pedagogical psychological support and assessment of children was developed;
- Draft mechanism for data exchange between Regional Pedagogical Psychological Support Centres (RPPSCs) and Disability Assessment Centres was developed. Draft legal framework for data exchange was outlined; Job descriptions of respective staff responsible for data exchange were drafted;
- Comprehensive report on results of special educational needs assessment of children in Armenia was developed.